New details have been released as it concerns Rey Mysterio’s return to WWE. There has been a long back-and-forth between the two sides ever since Mysterio’s Royal Rumble appearance earlier this year.

In all likelihood, Rey Mysterio will be back in WWE before October.

Mysterio does not have any bookings past the first weekend of September, meaning a WWE return not long after is almost certain. The WWE 2K19 video game is released October 5th, 2018 and Mysterio is a featured character in the game’s advertising. It’s unlikely he won’t return in time to promote the game. Mysterio returning before October would also allow him to participate in the Australian mega-show on October 6th, 2018.

“It appears (Mysterio’s) last dates are the first weekend of September,” stated Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer. “They did push the idea of bringing him in sooner, to keep him off All In in particular as well as some of the other shows he’s got but really All In was the key one.”

Earlier this week, Mysterio’s match for All-In was announced. He will team with Fenix and Bandido to face Kota Ibushi and the Young Bucks.

Mysterio’s WWE return was likely sealed at this year’s Royal Rumble.

“It’s been incredible,” Mysterio said to the Mirror UK. “I have nothing to say but to thank the fans for their loyalty, for their respect, for being a Rey Mysterio fan from day one… and for all those fans that have never seen me on TV, because this is a new generation of fans that are watching the WWE.”

“So to all the new fans that have heard about Rey Mysterio, or played as me in a video game, or seen me on the Network, for the first time if you got the chance to see me at the Royal Rumble, thank you very much for being part of it as a fan.”