Juice Robinson has two matches remaining in the round-robin portion of this year’s G1 Climax tournament. So far, Juice has only managed a 2W-5L record. Last year in his first-ever G1, he finished with 8pts and a 4W-5L record.

He still has a chance to tie his record from last year. He’ll have to defeat Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto for that to happen, however. Juice commented on his performance in the tournament thus far and his upcoming matches recently backstage.

“What am I dead last? Do I even deserve to have this on my shoulder?” Robinson asked in regard to his IWGP United States Championship. “Well, we’re about to find out.”

Robinson is referring to the potential he will have to defend his championship against any and possibly all of the competitors who have defeated him in the G1 tournament thus far.

He has lost round-robin matches to Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Tama Tonga, Tetsuya Naito, and Zack Sabre Jr. It’s unlikely Omega would choose to challenge for the US title as he is already the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Naito has already said NJPW has too many titles and probably won’t challenge Juice for the title either. Ibushi will likely be involved in another angle as well. Either Tama Tonga or Zack Sabre Jr could challenge Juice in the near future, however.