WWE has already announced that former Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion Ashley Rayne (Madison Rayne) is slated to take part in this year’s Mae Young Classic tournament.

Rayne recently spoke with TV Insider about being one of the 32 competitors and being chosen for the tournament where she admitted that she cried when she found out the news because it just feels really good after 13 years of really hard work and trying to find out who exactly who she wanted to be in the ring.

She also noted that she knew what she wanted her career to look like and that played a factor in her emotions. She added that it’s such an awesome later chapter in the story of her career. Rayne also brought up how her goal is to be signed by the WWE.

“That’s what I’m training for and mentally preparing myself for because I think if you don’t go into something like this prepared to make it to the finals and to win the finals and watch your career take off in an entirely new direction, then you’re short-changing yourself.”

The tournament is set to be taped on August 8th and August 9th from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida and will air later this summer on the WWE Network with the finals taking place as part of the WWE Evolution pay-per-view on October 28, 2018, at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.