Tommaso Ciampa won the NXT Championship on July 18th, 2018 in Full Sail University. The match where he defeated Aleister Black for the title aired 13 days ago on the WWE Network.

Ciampa recently sent out the following message to commemorate an unlucky 13 days as champion:

“I have been the NXT World Champion for 13 days,” Ciampa Tweeted. “During that time, I’ve successfully defended my title against Aleister Black, Velveteen Dream, and EC3. You are witnessing the greatest NXT Title reign in history. Don’t take my gift for granted. Enjoy every second of it.”

Since the July 18th tapings from Winter Park, Florida, Ciampa has defended the title 4x on NXT house shows. He defeated Aleister Black in a rematch at the San Diego house show just 8 days after winning the title. The following night Ciampa teamed with the Velveteen Dream in a losing effort to EC3 and Black at a house show in Riverside, CA.

Ciampa then defeated Aleister Black for a 3rd straight time on the 28th of July when he beat him on a Las Vegas house show. He then defeated the Velveteen Dream at a house show from Phoenix. Finally, 3 days ago Ciampa defeated EC3 at a house show in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The 33-year-old Ciampa is in his second stint with the company, having previously been under a developmental deal from 2005-2007.