Sami Zayn has received his second surgery on his injured shoulder.

Zayn was operated on for bi-lateral rotator cuff surgery. He took to Twitter to offer fans an update on his status and joked about getting to wear a gown:

Who ever said bi-lateral rotator cuff surgery wasn't fun? I get to wear a gown!

— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) August 7, 2018

Zayn was previously working through several injuries in the midst of his feud with Bobby Lashley. After his defeat to Lashley at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view, Zayn went to Birmingham, Alabama to be examined.

It was revealed Zayn had suffered injuries to both rotator cuffs. Both would need to be operated on, and the second of those took place today. The RAW star isn’t expected back until early 2019.

Despite being away from WWE, Zayn has kept busy during his injury layoff. He has been taking improv classes and also attended the “Just For Laughs” comedy festival in Montreal. Zayn is also at the forefront of his “Sami For Syria” campaign.

He has raised $105,000 for a mobile medical clinic and is raising awareness about those affected by the sociopolitical climate in the region. Zayn also launched “Sami Relief,” which helps refugees stuck in the desert at the borders while attempting to flee Syria.

Zayn spoke to The Nation about his efforts away from WWE recently. Here’s what he had to say:

“I almost feel like I was more a part of a problem than a solution,” Zayn said.

“It’s sort of this perpetual thing that keeps spinning, or people on one side of the fence versus people on the other side of the fence, and there’s this back and forth, dialogue and just nothing gets done.”