Kane, real name Glenn Jacobs, was declared the winner of the Knox County primary for Mayor earlier this year and then last week, citizens of the country decided by voting who they want to win the mayoral race and elected Kane as the Mayor of the county in Tennessee.

He pulled in 67% of the vote in front of Democrat Linda Haney by a 66.56% to 33.44% margin. When all was said and done 22,595 citizens cast their vote for Kane.

The future WWE Hall of Famer recently spoke with Rolling Stone where stated that he hopes to always be part of the WWE family even as Mayor and wouldn’t rule out special appearances from time to time.

“WWE is always going to be part of me and hopefully I’ll always be part of it. I haven’t ruled out making special appearances every now and then. My main priority is being mayor, of course. [My role in the WWE] does bring a lot of attention to Knox County, so that’s cool. It’s just a matter of making sure everything I do — WWE or any other outside stuff — does not impact my role as mayor.”

Kane was last seen on WWE programming at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view event last month when he teamed with Daniel Bryan to challenge Luke Harper and Erick Rowan for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles.

WWE originally announced in an article on their official website that Kane suffered a broken ankle at the hands of The Bludgeon Brothers but it turns out that he suffered an injury to his Achille’s tendon on the go-home episode of SmackDown Live for Extreme Rules that resulted in him wearing a walking boot.