PROGRESS held their New York City stop on the #CoastToCoast tour last night from the La Boom venue. One of the announced bouts for the show saw CCK take on IMPACT Wrestling’s LAX for the PROGRESS Tag Team Championships.

By all accounts the match appears to have completely blown away all expectations and several fans in attendance and the company themselves are touting this as the greatest tag match in the company’s history. Ironically, this match shouldn’t of even happened…

CCK member Kid Lykos unfortunately suffered from an injury early in the tour and had to be taken out of the remaining dates. Jon Gresham was brought in as a late replacement to reform the Calamari Catch Kings alongside Chris Brookes which led to this bout. Hopefully this will be available on Demand PROGRESS in the near future.

Check out the reaction from the company and performers below:

#CCK vs #LAX is legitimately one of the best matches I’ve ever seen. Ever. Like, ever.

Bonkers. @Ortiz5150, @SantanaLAX & @TheJonGresham are the real deal. @OBEYBrookes is ok too.#PROGRESSNYC is straight fire. #CoastToCoast

— Glen Joseph (@Glen_Joseph) August 8, 2018

One of the GREATEST tag team matches we’ve ever had, happened tonight at #PROGRESSNYC.

I can’t even express the feelings and emotions that we felt tonight.

A HUGE thank you to CCK and @ThisIs_Progress ??????. pic.twitter.com/ztSbXnMGkr

— Santana??? (@SantanaLAX) August 8, 2018

That match.
Those Champions.
This team.

New York, you should be very proud of your favourite sons. #LAX have arrived in a big way in PROGRESS. @SantanaLAX @Ortiz5150

#CCK @TheJonGresham @OBEYBrookes #PROGRESSNYC #CoastToCoast pic.twitter.com/14SNxmnZwL

— PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) August 8, 2018

Im pretty sure I just wrestled the best tag team in the world! @SantanaLAX @Ortiz5150 @ThisIs_Progress

— Jonathan Gresham (@TheJonGresham) August 8, 2018