The Miz has shared a rare photo from his days on the indy scene.

Before embarking on his professional wrestling career, Miz (real name Mike Mizanin) got his start as a reality TV star on MTV. He appeared on “The Real World” in 2001 and appeared on several seasons of the show’s spin-off, “Real World/Road Rules Challenge.”

In 2003 he began his pursuit of a career in professional wrestling. He trained and performed under the Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW) banner for a year. In 2004 WWE scooped The Miz up and signed him to a developmental deal. He has remained with the company ever since.

Currently on SmackDown Live, Miz is involved in a feud with former WWE World Champion Daniel Bryan. The pair will go on-on-one at SummerSlam later this month. Miz has been poking fun at Bryan’s indy background and urging him to return to the “bingo halls.”

He recently shared a rare picture of himself from his early indy days. Check it out here:

My days on the indies honing my craft. I could’ve beaten Brian Danielson then and I can beat Daniel Bryan NOW. #tbt @wwe #Summerslam

— The Miz (@mikethemiz) August 9, 2018

The Miz has been a regular on WWE programming for the past several years. He has blossomed into one of the industry’s best heels throughout his career. Miz is a former WWE Champion who has main evented WrestleMania opposite John Cena.

He is also an eight-time Intercontinental Champion, a six-time WWE Tag Team Title winner, and a former Money In The Bank winner. Earlier this year Miz also won the first-ever Mixed Match Challenge tournament with Asuka.

Miz frequently appears on E! Network’s “Total Divas” reality show, alongside his wife Maryse. The couple also have their own reality show on USA Network, “Miz & Mrs.”