This week, the pro wrestling world lost one of its’ own, as former WWE Tough Enough contestant Brian Danovich has passed away at age 38.

Danovich competed as part of the $1,000,000 Tough Enough season in 2004, tearing his pectoral muscles during the competition and still coming back the next day to complete an obstacle course challenge.

The following statement was released via Danovich’s official Facebook page regarding his passing:

“It’s with a heavy heart that I inform all of Brians friends and fans that the Spartan swinger has passed away at the young age of 38. Rest in peace my Dear Brother.”

Danovich’s sister also posted the following in response to a three-day-old thread on Facebook, which addresses his passing and sheds some more light on the subject.

“It breaks my heart that I couldn’t help you. I really tried. I thought the rehab would work this time. I thought that the changes and new things ahead were something that you would look forward to and help you through this rough time. I think it was just too much for you to take. Change is hard. Sometimes it’s enough to make us give up. I’m sorry you felt that you had no other choices. I’m sorry that you felt giving up was your only option. And I’m sorry I wasn’t a better sister to help prevent this horrible tragedy. I hope you have now found the peace that you were always searching for in life. Rest in peace, my sweet and loving baby brother.”

Additionally, Brian Zane, friend of Danovich and fellow pro wrestler, posted the following on his official Twitter page regarding his passing:

Absolutely stunned right now … I just learned a good friend of mine and recurring collaborator, Brian Danovich, has passed away at the age of 38. I will miss him dearly.

— 'The Influencer' Brian Zane (@zmanbrianzane) August 9, 2018