Chris Jericho does not believe Vince McMahon is worried about another wrestling promotion selling out Madison Square Garden. In fact, Jericho believes Vince knows this will only improve the business overall.

The G1 Supercard sold-out almost instantly after tickets went on sale to the general public yesterday.

“I bet you, deep down inside even Vince would say, ‘Okay, this is good.’ This is good for business because it makes everybody work a little harder, it gives the fans more options, it gives the [performers] more options. It makes the business healthier overall.”

Tickets to the event were thought to be 60% sold after VIP Honor Club subscribers were given early access.

People change their minds…

— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) July 20, 2018

There is speculation that Chris Jericho may have gone back on his promise to never wrestle in the United States for a promotion other than WWE. Jericho is the current IWGP Intercontinental Champion and could potentially be booked on the G1 Supercard. To do so, however, he would have to go back on his long-held statement regarding his loyalty to WWE.

“It’s very cool to go back to Japan, where I started, and be part of this worldwide growth of New Japan,” Jericho said recently during an interview with Sports Illustrated. “There are no real restrictions on what I can do in New Japan.”

Jericho last competed for WWE this spring in the Greatest Royal Rumble.