Its been a rough go for Tegan Nox in WWE. Last week, she suffered an injury during her Mae Young Classic match with Rhea Ripley.

The injury was particularly disheartening because it’s the second year in a row that her Mae Young Classic hopes were dashed due to injury. After signing with WWE in early 2017, she was forced to withdraw from last year’s MYC due to a torn ACL she suffered before the tournament began.

WWE COO Triple H ESPN about the situation, which he called heartbreaking.

“Tegan, to me is this story of, you know, last year we really wanted her to be in the tournament and she had the ACL injury that prevented her from being in it,” he said.

Nox was out of action for the remainder of 2017 recovering from that knee injury. After all the hard work it took for her to be medically cleared, tragedy struck again.

“To come here and be in a position to where, let me just say, it couldn’t have been any more heartbreaking for her. Emotionally, just couldn’t have been any more heartbreaking. I don’t know, at this point, what happened. She landed funky on a dive and hurt herself.”

Following her injury, Nox posted a message on Twitter explaining that she will not be deterred by injuries. “Freak accidents happen, it’s part of the job,” she said.

Thank you

— Tegan Nox ??????? (@TeganNoxWWE_) August 10, 2018

Nox showed tremendous fortitude getting back in ring shape for this year’s tournament. This is another bad setback, but hopefully it will motivates her to get back in a WWE ring.