The latest episode of Eric Bischoff’s popular 83 Weeks podcast features a wild story involving Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan.

This week’s episode focuses on “Macho Man” Randy Savage’s 1995. Savage had joined WCW in December ’94 and the company was undergoing a dramatic transformation. WCW was signing former WWF talent left and right. Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerlund, Brutus Beefcake, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Big Bossman, Earthquake and others completely changed the face of the promotion. Hogan had a lot of allies to work with, which left WCW mainstays like “Stunning” Steve out in the cold.

Bischoff told co-host Conrad Thompson that towards the end of Austin’s run with the promotion, Austin pitched an idea that’s almost too ‘out there’ to believe.

At the time, Hogan was the most powerful force in WCW. Austin knew the only way to stay relevant was to get on board. While introducing the story, Bischoff joked “Steve, if you don’t remember this, I’m sorry.”

Bischoff said that Austin pulled him aside backstage at a TV taping to discuss his role. Seeing the writing on the wall, Austin said he wanted to work with Hogan. When Bischoff asked what he had in mind, Austin proposed, “We find out that I’m his long lost brother.”

Bischoff mentioned that Hogan and Austin had the same male pattern baldness at the time, so why not. Bischoff admits the idea sounds ridiculous, but thinks it could have been a phenomenal angle if they planned the whole thing out and made it compelling.

Bischoff made it clear that he gives Austin a lot of credit for the ‘elevator’ pitch. Even though it didn’t come to fruition, Austin wasn’t sitting around complaining. He took the initiative to improve his position with the company and came up with a creative way to advance himself.

“Steve Hogan” wasn’t meant to be, but you could say things turned out alright for Austin in the end. Bischoff ended the story by saying, “Steve, I’m f*cken sorry bro, I will buy the beer next time, I promise.”