Former WWE Champion and recently named Knox County mayor-elect Glenn “Kane” Jacobs was interviewed on the FOX News Rundown podcast by ex-WWE and IMPACT Wrestling star Tyrus.

Kane talked about his recent political win, wanting to break the stereotypes that surround WWE Superstars and if he’ll wrestle while maintaining his mayoral responsibilities. He noted that WWE stars are often labelled as “jocks.”

Jacobs would like to show people that couldn’t be further from the truth with his recent political victory. He was reminded by a quote Stephanie McMahon once told him about why WWE Superstars aren’t just called “wrestlers”:

“I remember Stephanie McMahon once saying there’s a reason why we’re not called wrestlers. We’re called superstars, because there’s so much more that we do,” said Jacobs.

“Even within our WWE careers, all the things that we’re asked to do. Our promotion, dealing with the media, all of that stuff is more than just a guy or gal in the ring for 10 minutes a night and put on a show.”

Tyrus then asked Kane if he plans on continuing his in-ring career while he’s mayor. Kane said if he does anything, it would just be for special events:

“Basically, if I do anything, I’ll just do some special events,” said Kane.

“But, WWE has been a part of my life for over 20 years, I am very proud of my career, I’m very proud of working for the company, I’m proud of people like you (Tyrus), I’m proud of so many of my friends and colleagues.”