Major League Wrestling has locked-up a highly touted prospect in Brian Pillman Jr.

“Brian is a franchise player in the making,” stated MLW CEO Court Bauer in a press release. “Brian has a bright future ahead of him and now MLW fans can look forward to seeing his journey each and every week on MLW FUSION. This kid has IT.”

MLW recently announced Pillman has signed a multi-year agreement with the promotion.

Podcast: Brian Pillman Jr. on Wrestling Observer Radio https://t.co/j9oJ2QaPqA pic.twitter.com/iVKk8l2AyE

— Major League Wrestling (@MLW) August 12, 2018

On MLW Fusion as of late, the young 2nd generation star has received mentorship from not only his family friends in the new Hart Foundation but also his father’s old rival, Kevin Sullivan.

Sullivan is worried Teddy Hart and Harry Smith will only lead the young Pillman in the wrong direction. Pillman told Sullivan he’s just paying his respects, however.
Brian Pillman Jr MLW

In an interview earlier this year, Pillman stressed that his character will evolve over time.

“My gimmick is that I’m Brian Pillman Jr. That’s my gimmick,” Pillman told the Sporting News earlier this year. “Eventually I’m going to have to change, I’m going to have to evolve and drop the ‘II’ or drop the ‘Jr.,’ become somebody else, somebody fresh, somebody new. I’m kind of in that process of that. I’m trying to develop my first beyond-the-legacy gimmick.”

He also appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio recently and spoke on how he originally felt his father’s untimely death was a work.

Pillman posted the following after making his independent wrestling debut late last year:

While I am normally a man of many words, I just don't know how I could sum up the way last night made me feel using only text. So here is a picture. Maybe it's worth a thousand words, maybe it's worth more, maybe less… But whatever you take from it just know that the way I felt in this photo is the most alive I've ever felt in my entire life. I've received a lot of attention and congratulations after news broke of my independent debut and I am blown away by the love from ALL of you! Just this once though, I ask YOU for a favor. Whether it's a comment on instagram, a direct message, or a tweet I don't want it sent straight to me. I want you to type it all out just as you normally would but this time before you hit that send button I want you to send it to Brian Pillman. Not Brian Pillman Jr., not Brian Pillman II, no I mean BIG BRIAN! Brian Pillman Sr., The Hollywood Blond Brian Pillman. The Loose Cannon… My FATHER! Whether it's a prayer, a mental note, or just a written letter I want you to send it up above and let him know how you feel. How you feel about what he left behind for you, for me, for us, his LEGACY. Because had he not given every ounce of life force that he had for this world, had he not made every heartbeat count then I certainly wouldn't be here today and of course professional wrestling just wouldn't be the same as we all know and love it. THANK YOU everyone for reaching out to him and THANK YOU to Scott Romer for capturing this moment THANK YOU dad for this amazing gift called PRO WRESTLING!!!