Peyton Royce is not going to take any criticism from Dave Meltzer. At least, she’s not going to take the kind of criticism the famous wrestling journalist lobbied at her the other day.

The Australian Superstar was sent a clip of Meltzer talking about Royce on a radio program recently and responded in kind.

“I thought they had a cool act in NXT and on the main roster, I don’t get a thing out of them,” Meltzer said. “I think Peyton Royce’s transformation to look more attractive, I don’t know, I don’t want to say…”

“She was more attractive in NXT?” Bryan Alvarez asked.

“I thought so, yes, to me yes,” Meltzer answered. “She doesn’t stand out to me; when she was in NXT she did. She was a lot lighter.”

So what would you have me do Dave… starve myself? This is how nightmares for young women start. The females in your life must be proud.

— Peyton Royce (@PeytonRoyceWWE) August 15, 2018

Dave Meltzer has issued an apology to Peyton Royce:

I'd like to apologize to you. You are an exceedingly attractive woman. I do realize the lengths and pressures on women in the entertainment world to maintain unnatural looks at times and am glad you pointed this out.

— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 15, 2018

More Wrestling Personalities Chime In

What a true piece of sweltering hot garbage. You’re an angel too good for this earth. He’d be lucky if you gave him the time of day. Which you would, because you’re also a great person. Love ya girl. Let’s set better examples

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) August 15, 2018

What a prick. Love you sis

— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) August 15, 2018

-6 stars, Dave.

— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) August 15, 2018

This is unacceptable on so many levels. How dare you say that someone is more attractive when they are ‘lighter’. You have no idea how stupid comments like this can affect someone for life.@PeytonRoyceWWE is PERFECT just the way she is. A strong & beautiful WOMAN!

— Billie Kay (@BillieKayWWE) August 15, 2018

The Iiconics lost to Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair the last time they were on Smackdown (August 7th). Royce’s opponent that show, Charlotte Flair, also chimed in regarding Meltzer’s comments.

@PeytonRoyceWWE you are smart, beautiful, funny, caring, talented and so much more….. love you woman

— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) August 15, 201

Both members of the Iiconics are likely looking forward to two big WWE shows coming up in October. On October 6th, WWE runs Super Show-Down from the Melbourne Cricket Grounds where Billie Kay and Royce are likely to receive a big reaction. The promotion will then run the Evolution pay-per-view later that month.