WWE NXT star Dakota Kai spoke to Stuff to talk about her professional wrestling career. Kai was first asked about getting to compete on the WrestleMania pre-show in April. She took part in a 20-woman Battle Royal at the event in New Orleans:

“It’s still hard to believe that happened. Us girls involved found out literally the night before,” Kai said.

“Before I went down the ramp towards the ring, someone told me that it’s going to be overwhelming, it’s going to be insane but just take a moment, take a breath and absorb it as best you can because it’s going to go by like that and it really did.

“The whole experience was a whirlwind of emotions. Walking out in front of 80,000 people, as you could imagine, it’s the scariest thing in the world. But it was really, really cool.”

Kai then opened up about her professional wrestling career and finally completing her journey to WWE:

“Being here has been my dream for at least the last 13 years. I spent a lot of that time working the independent scene so to be here is still really crazy to me. And from there the opportunity to have a tryout happened and I got offered a contract,” Kai added.

“So it’s been a crazy ride but I’ve never been more passionate about anything in my life. All that travelling was something I loved to do and I always, always hoped that one day I’d be given the opportunity and here we are.”