Daniel Bryan has been vocal about his frustration with the WWE creative team in recent interviews and there have been conflicting reports about his contractual status with the company. With Chris Jericho wrestling for various promotions around the world while remaining a WWE guy, many have wondered if Bryan could follow a similar path.

During a recent interview with YouTube personality TonyPizzaGuy, Daniel was asked if we can see him following Jericho in future and wrestling in indie circuit time to time while he continues to work for WWE. The former World Champion said that the wrestling world currently is not “open” enough for this. The good news is that Bryan has many potential dream matches awaiting for him in WWE.

“Yeah, I would like to see the wrestling world be a little bit more open and I think Chris Jericho has kind of done that in a sense. He is still in good terms with WWE but he wants to go do these things that are creatively fulfilling to him because he loves wrestling. But the way wrestling world is right now you can’t do that and luckily I have a ton of dream matches I wanna do in WWE.”

Earlier this week, Daniel Bryan told Sam Roberts there is a 90-plus-percent chance that he will re-sign with WWE. However, we can still dream about the prospect of him working with guys like Kazuchika Okada and Zack Sabre Jr.