Natalya penned a letter to her father in the Calgary Sun recently. The wrestling world is mourning the loss of Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart, who passed away on August 13th.

“I really want to thank everyone for all of the love that they’ve shown to my dad and my whole family in the past week,” she begins her letter.

“Daddy — as I affectionately called him — and I were so similar in a lot of ways, and we shared that extra-special bond of professional wrestling and our careers.”

Natalya’s family is one of the most famous in wrestling history. Her father was involved in some of the most highly-praised tag-team matches along with Bret Hart and the British Bulldogs. Natalya mentioned in her letter that Anvil would text her all the time with wrestling advice.

“He would send me random text messages to work on my dropkicks and get at least two dropkicks in every match,” Natalya wrote. “Because that’s what Dynamite Kid would do.”

Natalya shares many heart-warming messages about the Anvil in her article. It certainly sounds like the Anvil was a wonderful father.

“I didn’t know it then, but my dad was my rock star. I’m glad that I got to follow in his footsteps to proudly carry the Neidhart name forward in WWE.”