The Miz has expressed his feelings about not getting the credit he deserves for the accomplishments that he has achieved in the WWE. The former WWE Intercontinental Champion spoke with Complex to promote the SummerSlam pay-per-view event that takes place tonight (August 19, 2018) in Brooklyn, New York at the Barclays Center on the WWE Network.

“Go to Barclays [Center] today and look at the poster. Guess who’s not on it? [Points to himself.] This face! Daniel Bryan is on it, why isn’t The Miz? I don’t understand this. I don’t understand how I am not the face when I put butts in seats. I make people talk. When I talk, people listen. I get aggravated because no matter what I do, nobody ever gives me credit.”

Miz continued by stating that he learned the tools to become a WWE star while on the Real World TV series where he would later go to acting classes and studied the art of professional wrestling. He brought up how Daniel Bryan is the indie darling as everyone always says but he doesn’t need to brag about the indie life but rather he brags about his WWE life. He promised that Bryan would find out how big he is at SummerSlam.

The Miz also gave his opinion regarding who he thinks is not used properly in the WWE as he stated that whenever we see a new superstar come into WWE, people think they want to see more but it takes time to develop into a character as it took five years for him.

“Now, everyone wants to come in and say, ‘Well I was a superstar at NXT, so I should be a superstar here.; No, just because you were great in one place doesn’t mean you’re going to be the same caliber. You have to be able to adjust, you have to be able to evolve, you have to be able to withstand what it takes to be a WWE superstar.”

Miz continued to say that he looks at Zack Ryder as someone who WWE is not utilizing all of his talents because he tries hard and has the talent to become an upper tier talent. Thus, it makes him think that sometimes you just gotta wait for your opportunity, and once you have that opportunity don’t let it go.