Many fans have been wondering if Rusev is frustrated with his position in WWE.

Although he has received a WWE Title shot recently, albeit an unsuccessful one, a lot of fans feel he is being underutilized. Rusev got himself over with the innovation of “Rusev Day.” The chant has ran rampant in the professional wrestling world.

In fact, chants of “Rusev Day” even rang out at non-WWE events. Fans even chant it randomly when they’re bored with what’s going on in the ring. Wrestling fans would very much like to see Rusev receive a bigger push on SmackDown Live.

Last night, he was on the SummerSlam Kickoff Show, teaming up with his wife Lana to take on Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega. Rusev and Lana were unsuccessful in picking up a win at “The Biggest Party Of The Summer.”

Prior to the event, Rusev did an interview with The Gorilla Position to talk about the show. During their conversation, Rusev was asked if he’s frustrated with his current situation in the WWE.

“The Bulgarian Brute” said he can’t control the way he’s booked. Whether he’s the first match on the card, or the last, all he can control is his performance:

“I have no control over any of that,” Rusev said. “I’m there to perform to the best of my abilities and whether I’m first on the card or last, champion or not, I mean I’m just gonna be me and keep doing what I do best.

“Eventually, one day you know cream rises to the top. So you know I’m waiting… I’m waiting for the rise.”