For as long as anyone can remember, Paul Heyman has always stood at the side of Brock Lesnar.

This past weekend Lesnar dropped his Universal Championship to Roman Reigns at SummerSlam. Now, Lesnar will prepare for a UFC heavyweight title opportunity against Daniel Cormier.

He’s expected to return to the UFC early next year. Lesnar’s advocate, Heyman, did an interview with Sports Illustrated over the weekend to promote SummerSlam. During the discussion, Heyman made a rather interesting comment.

Heyman claimed that he’s not in the business of WWE, professional wrestling or sports entertainment. Paul Heyman is in the Brock Lesnar business:

“I think there are a lot of people who would argue that I have not been in the WWE business, the pro wrestling business, the sports entertainment business, et al for quite some time, and that I’ve arrived at a place in my career where I am in the Brock Lesnar business. Please feel free to develop your own conspiracy theories based on that.

“Evolution is the DNA of a continued existence. Those who don’t evolve become the subject of a ‘Whatever Happened To’ story. I can only hope that I’m a very different person and performer, some would suggest the different person aspect is most important, but I digress, than I was a decade ago.

“And I hope to be a much different person and performer a decade from now as well. I’ve been blessed with a long enough career that I’ve been allowed to grow into this role..

“The concept? Keep a Brock Lesnar experience as a rare occurrence, so when it happens, it’s not only ‘Can’t miss’, it is ‘Must see!’, and hopefully, that takes us back to the WWE/UFC business philosophy of Brock Lesnar, which then translates into ‘Must pay!’

“Let’s keep in mind, whether it’s WWE, UFC, boxing, Major League Baseball, the NFL, NHL, NBA; it’s a business. And it’s a business of rights fees and box office.”