During Sunday’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, Luke Gallows announced on Twitter that he and fellow Superstar Nia Jax are dating. WWE broadcaster Renee Young congratulated the couple and wrestling fans seemed to relish at this romantic pairing.

It almost seemed too good to be true. The idea of Gallows being romantic. The possibility of his courtship unfolding on a future season of Total Divas. Well, it now seems like we got worked and this whole love affair was a big ruse.

Just 24 hours after announcing that he was one half of WWE’s hottest new couple, Luke Gallows dropped a bombshell on Twitter. Citing the rigors of ‘high profile relationships,’ Gallows broke the news during Raw that his wild fling with Jax was just a #onedayrelationship.

The rigors of high profile relationships are grueling, it’s with a heavy heart that I have to announce that @NiaJaxWWE & I have mutually decided to part ways. Thank you for respecting our privacy during these trying times. #onedayrelationship #sadday

— Luke Gallows (@LukeGallowsWWE) August 21, 2018

Nia Jax seems distraught and tweeted that she “cant handle” the situation right now.

I can’t handle this right now

— Lina Fanene (@NiaJaxWWE) August 21, 2018

We’ll keep you posted if these two love birds ever link up again. You know how these volatile relationships can be. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.