Joe Hendry signed with Impact Wrestling in May of this year. He only has positive things to say about the 3 months he’s spent with the promotion. “I couldn’t be more thrilled,” Hendry said on today’s Impact media call. “Impact has been amazing in letting me do what I do.”

As with many other recent additions to Impact’s roster, what has Hendry so enthusiastic is the freedom the company is giving him. “What I’ve noticed since I’ve been there is a real element of working with the talent to bring out the best in us.”

Hendry joins other Impact wrestlers, such as Konnan and Sami Callihan, who have echoed similar sentiment in recent months. “It’s just been fun since the get-go,” Hendry stated.

While Anthem Sports and Entertainment’s head office is located in Toronto, they are an international company with their sights set on expanding into global markets.

Impact will head to Manchester, England on September 9th for an event before traveling to Mexico City for two nights of tapings on the 13th and 14th.

The company signed the Scottish wrestler back in May. Two months after Hendry signed, Anthem launched the Fight Network in the U.K. We asked Hendry if he feels part of his role in the company is to get more UK eyeballs on the product.

“The U.K has historically been a such a stronghold for Impact Wrestling,” Hendry said. “It just makes sense to kind of reignite that and re-tap into that. If can help facilitate that then that’s a huge honor.”

Hendry is scheduled to face Eli Drake on the company’s return to Manchester at Wrestling MediaCon in two weeks.

Impact Wrestling MediaCon Twitch Special Lineup

• Impact Wrestling Tag Team Championships
    LAX (c) vs Jody Fleisch & Jonny Storm
  • Barbed Wire Baseball Bat Death Match
    Sami Callihan vs Jimmy Havoc
  • Eli Drake vs Joe Hendry
  • Su Yung vs Lana Austin
  • Rich Swann vs Matt Sydal vs Trevor Lee