Chris Jericho says he’s open to the possibility of working for Impact Wrestling or Ring of Honor. the reigning IWGP Intercontinental Champion appeared on the DuhCast podcast this week and told James Ellsworth and Dennis Farrell that nothing is holding him back from working with companies outside of WWE.

“When someone says ‘Would you ever go to IMPACT? Would you ever go to Ring Of Honor? Would you ever go here there or wherever’ – yeah sure, why not? If its creatively satisfying, if it’s something that I can really sink my teeth into, something that I can really enjoy, then why wouldn’t I give it a try?”

Chris Jericho is almost three decades into his legendary wrestling career. He is loyal to WWE, but that hasn’t precluded him from wrestling for their top rival, New Japan Pro Wrestling. Jericho is looking to have fun and feels that other companies rising up to compete with WWE is best for business.

“At this point, I’ve done everything I could ever do in wrestling. I have a loyalty to WWE but not a death wish with them or anything like that where by hook or by crook I have to be with the WWE. I think part of the fun of what’s going on right now in the business is there’s a real resurgence with independent wrestling and independent companies and it really gives the WWE a real kick in the ass when people go other places.”

Jericho referenced guys like Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks who are able to achieve incredible success without the help of WWE. He says that would have never been possible 5 or 10 years ago, when everyone’s ultimate goal was signing with Vince.

Back to the talk about Impact Wrestling, he clarified that he has not had formal discussions with anybody from that company about working for them. “I’m not saying I would ever go there, but I’m not saying I wouldn’t,” said Jericho. “And I’m not saying I wouldn’t go to WWE or I wouldn’t go to New Japan or go wherever. To me, it’s all about helping to change the business in a lot of ways and if there’s a way to do it by being a little bit of a revolutionary then why not? Let’s go for it, man. This is show business, it’s entertainment, it’s the Wild West. There’s no rules and nobody says that you have to work in the WWE or you don’t have to work there.”

Jericho added that independent wrestling is as big as it’s ever been, which is great for guys like Kenny Omega and even James Ellsworth. For the first time in nearly 20 years, wrestlers have viable options of where to work outside of WWE. According to Jericho, “It’s an exciting time for everybody involved.”