Bret Hart was honored by the Siksika Nation on Thursday in a ceremony held at Mount Royal University. The same University also celebrated Bret back in May with an honorary degree.

Bret was given a “Blackfoot name” which is an honor bestowed by the Blackfoot Confederacy of First Nations. The Blackfoot or Blackfeet people are First Nations communities located mainly in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Stampede Wrestling used to regularly run tours in these communities, even traveling there in treacherous conditions during the dead of winter.

Recently, a First Nation community decided to give back to the Hart Family. You can watch the ceremony in the player below:

During the ceremony, an Elder spoke of an ancient warrior named Iron Shield. Bret, the Elder said, exhibited similar courage as the ancient warrior.

The chief gave Bret the name, “Iyiikitapinna”, which translates to “Courageous Chief”.

“It might be too bold a name for me. It’s a huge honor for me,” Bret said. “Growing up here all my life, being from Calgary, there’s a strong sensitivity to the struggles” of Indigenous people.”

Bret would continue to say he felt he was representing his whole family at the ceremony.

“I feel like I’m here representing the whole family, and I know my father always had a really strong relationship with the First Nations community,” Hart said. “This day would have been special to him. There’s always been a warmth, friendship and kind of respect there.”

Bret would continue to say Iyiikitapinna was a more important nickname to him than “Hitman”.