NXT’s Mustache Mountain, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, recently spoke to The Mirror. Bate has shown amazing feats of strength inside the ring at times. He says he likes to think he is WWE’s strongest man:

“I like to think I’m the strongest man in WWE. It’s why I call myself the Big Strong Boi.”

Recently, WWE introduced an NXT UK Women’s Championship. Spoilers on that here. Bate said he thinks it’s a great opportunity for the women of NXT UK to show what they got:

“It’s a great opportunity for all of the women in the company to show the world what they’re made of and show everybody how good they are. I’m looking forward to everybody else getting to watch them perform and I’m sure they will do a great job.”

At NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 Mustache Mountain failed to capture the NXT Tag Team Titles. The Undisputed Era defeated them to retain their titles. On the TakeOver panel, Pat McAfee compared Mustache Mountain to the British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid).

Trent Seven said it was very complimentary to receive such a comparison:

“Yeah, well he was very complimentary. It does make you think about just what kind of impact we can have as regards being UK and British wrestlers, having the chance to travel abroad and overseas, being able to wrestle on that stage, it’s a burden I’m more than happy to have.”

Bate sympathized with his partner’s sentiment, and believes they can live up to the pressure of such a comparison:

“Yeah it’s a lot of pressure to be compared to teams like the Bulldogs and I think Mustache Mountain can really live up to that pressure.”

Seven agreed, saying he believes it’s that kind of pressure that pushes talents to the next level:

“I agree, I think it’s that kind of pressure that really pushes people on to the next level. Our goal is to continue climbing the ladder of WWE and eventually get on the main roster but for now, let’s just keep building the brand of NXT UK.”