Bobby Roode has reflected on his decision to depart from TNA and join WWE. The former WWE United States Champion recently made an appearance on Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia to talk about various topics including why he left TNA where he had made a name for himself.

He noted that he was reaching 40 years old and thought to himself, he doesn’t think he can go out there and wrestle then wait 6-8 weeks and then have him work 8 days in a row, twice a day in a studio of 200 people and really be able to give it his all.

“For me, just the passion was starting to go away and in my mind I was thinking like, ‘If I don’t want to leave my house and I don’t want to do what I’ve loved to do for the last 17 years, then I really have to rethink what I want to do here.’”

This is when he spoke with Triple H about potentially signing with the WWE and being a member of the NXT roster. He recalled having a conversation with “The Game” where he pitched him a coaching job at the WWE Performance Center.

This is when Roode told him that he didn’t want to be a coach at the stage of his career at the time. Instead, he felt like he had a lot left in the tank and would want a chance in NXT.

“‘Okay cool. We’ll give you an opportunity. We’ll give a shot and see where it goes.’ So they flew me down to WrestleMania 32, went down there, met Hunter face to face. Kind of met everybody, met the crew, and I just immediately felt at home. I know what I said, ‘I don’t like change.’ but I walked in there and everybody was really cool.”

Roode also talked about wrestling a match in WWE in 1998, having kids while being a WWE star and much more. You can listen to the full episode here: