WWE NXT UK star Zack Gibson recently spoke to The Mirror. Gibson discussed WWE’s NXT UK brand and also talked about his own professional wrestling career.

Firstly, Gibson discussed changing up his look in effort to be taken more seriously. Originally he had long blonde hair. He has since shaved his head and grown out his beard:

“I had long blonde hair if you can believe that! I remember very clearly being at a show and [British wrestling legend and NXT general manager] William Regal told me that I looked very nice and that I would turn a few heads. … I’ve chipped loads of teeth but I won’t get them fixed. If you look at some of us British wrestlers, we have an authenticity.”

Gibson was then asked who he is targeting in the NXT UK division. He named some high-profile characters such as Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne:

“If you look at Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne, they got to the WWE’s United Kingdom division a year ahead of me. They have dominated in that time. But now I’m here and I’m coming for them."

In recent years WWE has seen a rise in small wrestlers, or stars that aren’t ridiculously large, becoming top guys. Gibson discussed how you no longer need to be a big guy to have success in the industry. He noted that it’s even taking affect beyond the realm of professional wrestling.

He points to Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., two lighter weight fighters, putting on the highest-grossing fight in history:

“If you look at the biggest grossing fight in history, it was Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor. That’s a fact and they both weigh around 150 lbs. Look at Pete Dunne [the WWE UK Champion].

“He’s shown that you don’t have to be the biggest guy to find success. That said, for me, I have chosen to get in the gym because I want to be as strong as possible.

“That, to me, is more important than being chiseled or having a six-pack. I have to work really hard because I’m naturally skinny. I think God wanted me to be an accountant!”