IWGP Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) recently spoke to New Japan Pro Wrestling for an interview.

The Bucks talked about former WWE stars who have worked for NJPW, moving up to the heavyweight tag team division, and every NJPW title (except the NEVER Openweight Title) being held by a foreign wrestler. Check out the highlights from The Bucks’ interview with NJPW here:

Former WWE stars working for NJPW:

Nick Jackson:

“I think it’s great. It shows you how big of company New Japan is. And it shows you that even from up bigger company like WWE, those superstars want to compete here because they know deep down in their head that this is where the best wrestling is.”

Matt Jackson:

“New Japan is the destination now. Everybody wants to come here because NJPW has the best wrestlers.”

Moving up to the Heavyweight Tag Team division:

Matt Jackson:

“Now we don’t have to just wrestle the junior tag teams, who we’ve wrestled many years. So now, we wrestled bigger guys, different guys, different styles.”

Nick Jackson:

“Different matches now. We won the junior titles 7 times, so it was time for us to move on.”

Matt Jackson:

“Let’s us change our styles.”

All NJPW titles currently being held by foreigners (except for the NEVER Openweight belt):

Nick Jackson:

“I think it’s crazy. It shows you how much talent there is worldwide. Every nationality has good wrestlers everywhere. New Japan is all about expanding and I feel like it’s good because it shows how many different wrestlers are around the world.”

Matt Jackson:

“I think pro wrestling is the healthiest stage right now. I think the wrestling economy is booming. Wrestling is cool again because of the vast majority of wrestlers in styles, characters, and talent.”