WWE Superstar Samoa Joe was recently a guest on Sam Robert’s Wrestling Podcast to talk about several professional wrestling topics.

During the show, Joe discussed signing with WWE and making his NXT debut. “The Destroyer” debuted in NXT in 2015, stopping Kevin Owens from attacking Sami Zayn at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable.

It turns out, after making his NXT debut, Joe shot up to number two in merchandise sales in all of WWE:

“I think after the first week, [the] main roster was already happening,” Joe said. “When they got the merch and viewership numbers…

“I think the simplest way to describe it was that I had debuted with NXT and I had gone to the next city for tapings and Triple H had walked out of his bus and he came up and shook my hand and said to me, ‘congratulations,’ and I said, ‘for what?’

“He said that I was #2 in merchandise last night. I said, ‘oh, #2 in merch for NXT is pretty impressive’ and he said ‘no, for the entire company.’ I was like, ‘who was #1?’

“He said Kevin Owens, but that was because he had just debuted against John Cena and I said, ‘okay, fine I will take those numbers’.”