On Monday’s RAW, WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels spoke candidly about the possibility of coming out of retirement. Michaels said every time he is in a WWE arena, the crowds chant for, “one more match.” He has resisted those calls out of respect to The Undertaker, but the Dead Man implied that if Michaels does wrestle again, it should be against him.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Dave Meltzer writes, “The working idea internally right now is that Michaels is coming out of retirement. Right now it is not for a singles match, and it is targeted, if not scheduled, for Saudi Arabia on 11/2.”

Shawn Michaels has been retired from in-ring competition for the better part of eight years after losing to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXVI.

The added stipulation to their clash was that if Michaels were to lose to The Undertaker, he would have to retire from wrestling.

HBK accepted the challenge, stating with confidence that if he could not end the streak, there was no reason why his career should continue.

Michaels has always been vocal about staying retired, but this past Monday night on Raw, he found himself standing opposite his old foe, The Undertaker.

There to give his support for his best friend Triple H, HBK warned ‘Taker that Triple H was still the “Cerebral Assassin,” and that this upcoming matchup at Super Showdown was a bad matchup for the Dead Man.

During this confrontation, The Undertaker had some critical words for HBK. “You chose Triple H because I took the one thing from you that was most important: your career.”

Michaels fired back, stating, “I have stayed away and stayed true to my retirement because I am a man of my word. Because I am a man of honour. A man of integrity. I have stayed away and stayed retired out of respect for the system, out of respect for them [the fans], and most importantly, I have stayed retired out of respect for you. Out of respect. Respect for The Undertaker.”

The Undertaker took this opportunity to get underneath Michaels’ skin by asking if it was fear that kept him away from the ring, before declaring that, if it came to it, he would put HBK down “all over again.”

The prospect of Michaels coming out of retirement is bound to leave fans with mixed feelings. His was an exit that appeared final, given the numerous opportunities HBK has had in the past to return that he declined. WWE Super Show-Down takes place in Melbourne Australia on October 6th 2018.