Carmella opened up on various topics including WWE dropping the term “Diva” and her dream opponent during a recent interview. The former SmackDown Women’s Champion spoke to The Examiner to promote the WWE live event next Monday at Ford Arena. A few years ago, WWE decided to get rid of the term “Diva” and started calling female talent Superstars just like the male talent. Although some see Diva in a negative way, Carmella disagrees with that mindset.

“I’m not sure why the term diva is considered negative,” she said. “They were only allowed a few minutes for matches on television and didn’t have the TV time like the men did but they made the most of it and it wasn’t their fault.”

She continued by stating that they paved the way for the current roster and be in the position where they are now so she doesn’t think it’s bad to be called a diva. She added that she likes to dress up and is proud of the way she dresses.

Carmella also talked about her dream opponent and who she wants to face at the upcoming at the Evolution pay-per-view event that takes place on Sunday, October 28, 2018 in Long Island, New York at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on the WWE Network. She would’ve liked to work with Trish Stratus but Alexa Bliss took that spot.

“Trish Stratus would be amazing, but honestly, I just so happy to be part of this monumental event. I am having the time of my life and it’s a perfect time to be a woman in the WWE. We are making history left and right.”

Carmella is not scheduled to compete at Hell in a Cell, as of this writing.