WWE Hall Of Famer Sting was recently interviewed on the Apter Chat podcast to talk about his professional wrestling career.

The WWE Hall Of Famer first talked about his transition into the “Crow” character and why he never went back to his old blonde look:

“The Crow character by the time it came alive and hit the scene and evolved to what it turned into, it would’ve never made sense to go back to the blonde flat-top haircut,” Sting said.

“Even if I wanted to, there’s not enough hair on my head to do that anymore. So I just couldn’t pull it off. But let me tell you something, if I thought I could pull it off, I would’ve attempted it in these later years.

“Because so many people talked about it and they’re so nostalgic about it. And WrestleMania 31 is a big example of that with DX and nWo and people just freaked out over that.”

Upon transitioning to the “Crow” character, Sting implemented face paint into his look. Sting revealed which fellow Hall Of Famer came up with the idea to use face paint:

“They put Ric (Flair) with Ricky Morton, and Ricky gets hurt,” said Sting. “So Dusty says, ‘Stinger baby, I want to put some color on your face, color on your tights and color on your boots. And I want to put you with Ric.’

“So we did a little story line with JJ Dillion and the Four Horseman and Ric Flair in Raleigh, North Carolina for a TV taping. It was no real heat angle, we just kind of did our thing and it took off. So Dusty is the real reason why the color started to begin with.”