WWE Superstar The Big Show was recently interviewed by CBS San Francisco to discuss several professional wrestling topics.

Firstly, “The World’s Largest Athlete” talked about his recent physique change. There was a point in his career that he believed he needed to be 500 pounds to truly be “The Big Show.” He soon realized, however, that wasn’t the case at all:

“As my career started winding down, so to speak, I realized I didn’t need that anymore. I didn’t need that to be successful,” Big Show said. “I needed to be lighter, I needed to be in better shape. And it was just a personal challenge.”

The Big Show credits John Cena and a conversation they had backstage at a show one night as a big motivator for him. Cena sort of challenged Show to become a “giant with abs.” One year later, Big Show was 90 pounds lighter:

“The whole thing is John Cena’s fault,” said Big Show. “John Cena and I were watching the show in a monitor. Usually, if you go to our shows, if John and I aren’t working, we’re sitting there watching the show together.

“John and I were just cracking jokes on each other, and I made the comment about a giant with abs, who’d want to see that? And John Cena looked me square in the eye and said, ‘Yeah, a giant with abs. Who would want to see that?’

“And he walked off. But the way he said it, he challenged me that I couldn’t do it. And it really upset me so bad that I got my act together that week and started in. It took me a little over a year and I dropped 90 pounds.”