PROGRESS Wrestling’s ‘Hello Wembley’ takes place at the end of this month, September 30th in front of the largest audience PROGRESS have ever had.

Headlining the card in the main event will be the current PROGRESS Wrestling World Champion, WALTER, going up against number one contender and inaugural WWE UK Champion, Tyler Bate.

It's happening. In less than a month, @Tyler_Bate will take on @WalterAUT for the PROGRESS World Championship in the main event at @ssearena. Tickets -> https://t.co/2jMP1QhmsX #ThisIsPROGRESS #HelloWembley pic.twitter.com/ikOrGCiVU0

— PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) September 3, 2018

Speaking to DailyStar.co.uk, WALTER had some firm words for his opponent:

“Tyler is a phenomenal athlete and pro wrestler. He is only 21-years-old and we all can only imagine what the future will have in store for him,” he praised, before pressing on.
“I also respect his high ‘Pro Wrestling IQ.’ That being said, even though he is more mature than his age in the ring, I don’t think he is outside of it.”

The PROGRESS World Champion would continue, saying, “He [Bate] portrays himself in a way that I cannot respect because I think he does not take it seriously enough at times. His time will come, but it won’t be at Wembley.”

Tyler Bate was successful in the recent ‘3 And In’ series that PROGRESS organised since losing their Super Strong Style 16 winner Zack Sabre Jr. to contractual obligations to NJPW.

Tickets are still available to purchase via AXS. This will be the biggest English Independent show in years. The event is also the final indie appearance of former UFC fighter, Matt Riddle, before he heads to NXT.
  • Eddie Dennis vs Mark Andrews
  • Jimmy Havoc vs Paul Robinson
  • Thunderb*stard Tag Team Title Match
  • Ilja Dragunov vs Pete Dunne
  • PROGRESS Women’s Title Match – Jinny (c) vs Millie McKenzie
  • PROGRESS World Championship Match – WALTER (c) vs Tyler Bate

PROGRES has also announced a ‘warm-up’ show on Saturday 29th featuring the following live shows:

NEVER MIND THE WRISTLOCKS
Doors 12.30pm; show 1-2.30pm

TUESDAY NIGHT JAW LIVE
Doors 3pm; show 3.30-5pm

JIM SMALLMAN – I’M SORRY, I LOVE YOU
Doors 5.30pm; show 6-7.30pm