AJ Styles recently opened up about his WWE success as well as his favorite matches while competing in the company.

The WWE Champion recently spoke with Amarillo.com to talk about various topics. When asked about his WWE success, he noted that he shouldn’t be the only one surprised about it as if you told him a few years ago that he would be WWE Champion two times, a United States Champion and held the belt for at least half of his career then he would’ve thought it was ridiculous.

“But, hard work has paid off. In the long run, if I was to lose this title tomorrow, I’ve had a great run and I’m very happy.”

He stated that it’s tough to say which is his favorite match as he has had so many memorable moments so far as he pointed out his classic match with John Cena at the Royal Rumble a few years ago.

“There is also Roman Reigns. Then when I won the championship from Dean Ambrose. There are so many matches that are hard to pick.”

Styles is slated to make his next title defense against Samoa Joe at Hell in a Cell, which takes place on Sunday, September 16th from San Antonio, Texas at the AT&T Center. The show will stream live on the WWE Network and is available for purchase on select pay-per-view providers.