WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has paid tribute to the late Burt Reynolds. The Canadian icon took the Twitter to write the following about the film star:

“I had the pleasure to see Burt recently. Although visibly frail, he remembered me. I thanked him for his part of Wrestlemania X. He was a real fan, thoroughly enjoyed the event, the wrestlers & fans. He was a class act and I’m honoured to have been able to tell him that. R.I.P.”

Reynolds actually took part in WWE’s tenth WrestleMania event. The star of Cannonball Run and Deliverance served as ring announcer for WrestleMania X’s main event between Bret Hart and Yokozuna.

WWE also acknowledged the passing of Reynolds. Issuing the following statement:

"WWE is saddened to learn that Academy Award-nominated actor and Hollywood icon Burt Reynolds has passed away at the age of 82. The star of more than 50 feature films, including “The Longest Yard,” “Smokey and the Bandit,” “The Cannonball Run” and “Boogie Nights” (for which he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor), Reynolds was a special celebrity guest at WrestleMania X, serving as ring announcer for the main event WWE Championship Match pitting Bret Hart against Yokozuna. WWE extends its condolences to Reynolds’ family, friends and fans."

The iconic film star passed away at the age of 82 in Florida after suffering a cardiac arrest.