WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins recently did an interview with NOLA.com to discuss his professional wrestling career. “The Architect” was asked about the “Burn It Down” line being added to his entrance theme.

The line was added to Rollins’ theme during the dramatic pause in his music. At first, some fans didn’t like it and prefered the pause in the song. However, eventually, it grew on everyone as they love chanting it during Rolins’ entrance.

When asked who was responsible for adding the line into the song, Rollins revealed that it was a Vince McMahon decision. McMahon didn’t like the long pause in the music and wanted to add something in to fill the void. Rollins listened to a few options and eventually decided on “Burn It Down”:

“Honestly, I don’t exactly know. I feel like it was partially a take on the commercial for the video game last year where I’m sort of an arsonist when it comes to burning down the artifacts of the past.

“Having words in the entrance was totally Vince’s idea. There was nothing in that space, a weird dead space to Vince. He thought it was a good idea to fill it with something.

“We went through a couple of options, and that one fit the best. I chose it, and the next thing you know, it’s a huge part of my character.

“Thanks to Vince for having 50 years of pro wrestling knowledge in his back pocket. It’s a fun interactive thing for the audience. That many people screaming Burn it Down at WrestleMania was insanity.”