Hanson and Raymond Rowe are now known as the War Raiders in NXT. The team formerly known as War Machine were a successful team in New Japan Pro Wrestling before signing with WWE, however.

The pair recently Tweeted out praise for some of their mentors from NJPW.

Most of my heroes have failed me. You never have. Thank you for the lessons and the inspiration.

Arrigatogozaimas NJPW Dads. #warraiders #ricochet #goace #tencozy @tanahashi1_100 @cozy_lariat @TENZAN323 @warbeardhanson @kingricochet #jointheraid

— Raymond Rowe (@RAYMONDxROWE) September 8, 2018

As War Machine, Rowe and Hanson are 2x IWGP Heavyweight Tag-Team Champions.

Respect…
Thank you to our mentors

Arigato#warraiders #RICOCHET #tanahshi #tencozy

— Hanson (@WarBeardHanson) September 8, 2018

Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima are one of the most successful tag-teams in NJPW history. As Tencozy, Kojima and Tenzan are 6x IWGP Tag-Team Champions. They also won the Wrestling Observer award for Tag-Team of the Year in 2001. Tokyo Sports gave them the same award the following year.

At Takeover: Brooklyn IV, War Raiders inserted themselves into the NXT Tag-Team Championship picture. The pair attacked the Undisputed Era after the current champions had disposed of Moustache Mountain.

Hanson and Rowe reported to the WWE Performance Center in January. Candice LeRae and fellow NJPW alumni, Ricochet, are also in their class of trainees. Triple H had the following to say on the class back in April:

“I mean the talent level, the amount of people, the amount of amazing athletes that want to come here, that want to be a part of NXT, that want that opportunity like there was tonight to stamp their place in history and immortality and become those icons…this is the place to do it.”