WWE Hall Of Famer Diamond Dallas Page was recently interviewed by WSVN-TV Entertainment Reporter Chris Van Vliet.

“DDP” was asked about his appearance at last week’s All In pay-per-view event. Page was ringside for Cody’s NWA World Title win against Nick Aldis. He explained how the late Dusty Rhodes played a major role in the bout:

“Dusty used to always tell me ‘I got five friends D and every time I count them, you are one of them’ and that meant a lot to me.

“So when he passed, Cody called me and said Dusty, because he always calls him Dusty and not pops, he said ‘Dusty told me right before he passed that he had five friends and you’re on that list’.

“I appreciated that because I had heard it, but hearing it from him took it to a different level. So fast forward a year a half later and he’s putting together ALL IN, he really loved that five friends thing.

“And three guys who couldn’t have been any closer besides me were Ray Lloyd who is Glacier and Tommy Dreamer. He of course threw in his brother-in-law Kevin who he loves dearly and his father-in-law Otis and of course his dog Pharaoh.

“It was like super special and it was super emotional. We were all looking at each other trying not to cry.”

Page then talked about how Cody convinced him to hit a Diamond Cutter during the show. He also revealed he didn’t charge Cody and The Young Bucks a dime for his appearance:

“When I first heard Cody was doing ALL IN, I told him you know I don’t do Diamond Cutters anymore. I mean, if WWE calls me I’ll f*cking do a Diamond Cutter, but not for an independent wrestling company.

“I’ve been offered $10,000. I’m not hitting that mat anymore. But for Cody, I told him if you need me for anything, I said I’m there and I wouldn’t charge him nothing. I’m sure plenty of people got paid a lot of money to be there, I took nothing and I won’t take nothing from him.”