Current WWE Champion AJ Styles spoke to ESPN last month to promote his match with Samoa Joe. Styles and Joe battled it out for the WWE’s top prize in a bout that ultimately ended in a disqualification.

During the conversation, Styles talked about signing with WWE back in 2016. That process included a meeting with WWE COO Triple H. “The Game” wasn’t sure that they would be able to retain his “AJ Styles” ring name.

Styles said he would be okay with that, but the big “AJ” tattoo on his side might be a problem:

“When Triple H and I were talking, he said, ‘I don’t know if we’ll be able to keep your name.’ I said, ‘That’s fine, I’ll be any name you want me to be called, except I do have this huge AJ tattoo on my side so that might be a problem,’” Styles said.

“I think it worked out for the best because we weren’t taken and being changed into something else. We were the same characters that they saw from different companies and that they were familiar with and people were already invested in. I think that was a good move by WWE.”