“The Mouth Of The South” Jimmy Hart has run into some issues with Twitter after a fake account claimed that he would be in attendance at a “klan rally.”

“there is a twitter account (claiming to be me) that states I will be attending a klan rally – that is not that case,” Hart declared, before stating, “I will not be at a klan rally.”

He also reached out to Twitter’s official account, @verified, which determines which accounts will receive a ‘Blue Tick.’ That tick acts as a visual indicator that confirms that the actual celebrity/personality owns that Twitter account.

there is a twitter account (claiming to be me) that states I will be attending a klan rally – this is not the case – I will not be attending a klan rally – @verified – Twitter, please verify my account so this does not happen in the future

— Real Jimmy Hart (@RealJimmyHart) September 11, 2018

Without that Blue Tick, it’s far too easy for fake accounts to trick fans into following them and the lies they might spread.

Many superstars have had issues with fake accounts trolling fans, interacting with their fanbase whilst posing as the celebrities they are impersonating.

In the case of Jimmy Hart, however, the best thing he could have done is reach out the way he has done. It not only directly highlights the fact he won’t be attending this rally but also that some public personalities could do with the verification, if only so their fans won’t be left confused over potential poser activity that could ruin a person’s reputation.