Rey Mysterio has addressed rumors about him being in talks with the WWE about a deal that would see him potentially making his return to the company. For months, the belief was that once he finishes up his other wrestling commitments then he could make his WWE return.

Those commitments were wrestling a match for New Japan Pro Wrestling at Budokan Hall on August 12th, the ‘All In’ event on September 1st and Chris Jericho’s upcoming Rock n Wrestling Rager At Sea. It’s now September and WWE has yet to announce that he has signed a deal.

The reason for that is due to talks still ongoing, according to Mysterio, who talked about it in an interview on the Apter Chat with Bill Apter. He brought up how fans should keep in that rumors will always be rumors. Mysterio stated, “There’s nothing locked in. There’s nothing secure that says that I am going back.”

He would continue by stating that he’s enjoying his independent wrestling life right now because he gets to choose and pick when he wrestles and where it’s at. He noted that if he wants to wrestle someone such as a Kenny Omega then he’ll make it happen. He stated that there’s no insurance or security right now that he’s going back to the WWE.

Mysterio made it clear that “If the time is right and there’s an agreement on both ends, WWE and myself, and there’s an offer on the table, I wouldn’t say no.” He ended by stating that he’s still enjoying his liberty out here in independent wrestling.

Mysterio has been announced as the pre-order bonus character for WWE 2K19. 2K Games also revealed that WWE Champion AJ Styles will be the cover star for the game that will be released on October 9, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.