Kenny Omega and his Golden Lovers tag team partner Kota Ibushi have lit up New Japan Pro Wrestling in 2018. The two main event stars dominated the plaudits for this year’s G1 Climax and fans are expectant for their almost inevitable match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Omega recently took to the microphone at a New Japan ‘Road To Destruction’ show and laid out his challenge to Ibushi.

Kenny Omega stated (translated from Japanese) “Since the day I became Champion. I thought that me being Champion meant that I’m the strongest. That I’m the best, toughest in the world. But the truth is, it’s not really like that. The truth is…Ibushi. The reason I am the best is because of Ibushi. So…After Dominion I told him ‘Whenever, Wherever, I’ll Be Ready.'”

Ibushi then asked Omega to “remember their promise.” Omega then finished his promo by proclaiming that “The Golden Lovers are more precious to me than any title.” It looks as though we may have to wait a while for the showdown to happen.

Kenny Omega recently defended his IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Tomohiro Ishii. The two stars collided at the Destruction in Hiroshima show this past Saturday. Omega is set to defend his title against Hiroshi Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom pending Tanahahsi’s defence of his briefcase contract between now and January 4th.