Matt Hardy’s Hardy Compound was in the midst of the terrible hurricane that rocked the Carolinas this week. The compound has been the film location for several successful “Woken” and “Broken” vignettes. Many fans were wondering how the compound fared after the devastating storm.

We now have an update. Hardy took to Twitter and revealed that the Hardy Compound was badly flooded during the storm. He noted that they’re hard at work attempting to salvage what they can. Most importantly, Hardy also noted he and his family are safe:

“To everyone who has checked on us, my family is safe following the hurricane,” he wrote. “The Hardy Compound is badly flooded & we’re nonstop working to dry out & salvage what we can. Thanks you for checking on us & asking about our safety & the condition of our property. We appreciate it."

Hardy recently decided to retire from in-ring competition in WWE. He announced earlier this week that it was time for him to go home and be a husband and father. Following 26 years in the business, Hardy has decided to hang up his boots.

Over his career, Hardy and his brother, Jeff, established themselves as one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Their classic wars with The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian will live on in infamy. Recent rumors suggest Hardy has been suffering from a back injury, which led to his decision to retire.

He has been learning the ropes of working as a producer backstage in WWE, meaning he might stick around a little while longer in a different capacity:

“Thank you for letting me live my dream for 26 years, wrestling fans,” Hardy wrote. “I don’t necessarily wish it was this way, but it’s time to go home. Time to go home and be a father.

“Time to go home and be a husband. I did so much more than I ever imagined I would do. Thanks for making this incredible journey with me, ladies and gentlemen. I love you all.”