Nikki Bella is speaking out about her personal life after she and John Cena broke off their engagement earlier this year. The two had been dating for several years before getting engaged in the ring at WrestleMania 33. The couple’s unwinding was documented not only in tabloids but also on their reality series, Total Bellas.

With John Cena focusing on his acting career (he’s currently filming a movie with Jackie Chan in China), Nikki Bella is back on WWE television as a featured performer in WWE’s women’s division.

During a recent red carpet event, Nikki commented on her ‘relationship’ with John Cena. She revealed that despite their rocky romantic relationship, they remain friends. “When you have an amazing connection with someone, you just stay friends,” she said.

After their split, Nikki Bella and John Cena attempted to make things work, but to no avail. She confirmed to Us Weekly that she is back on the dating scene.

“It’s kind of boring in the dating life, but other than that, it’s been a lot of fun,” said Nikki. “I’ve just been busy working and I just love everything that Brie and I are up to. It’s just been a lot of fun … I’m pretty lame. Usually, the person that I date at night is Netflix and my black licorice,” she joked. “They’re very satisfying.”