Former co-holder of the Impact Wrestling tag-team championships, Andrew Everett, has been granted his release by Impact Wrestling. The 26-year-old had been with the company since the fall of 2015.

He posted the following to Twitter yesterday:

“Earlier today I was granted my release from IMPACT wrestling,” Everett Tweeted. “I had great times with the company, and I’m grateful for the opportunities that I received while under contract. At this moment, I feel that I need to test the waters in free agency, allowing myself to find a new direction in my craft.”

“It’s exciting to see what awaits me in my career. Thank you for all your support, and again, thank you IMPACT Wrestling for bringing the Skywalker to a larger audience.”

While Everett would compete mainly in the X-Division, he was never able to win the X-Division championship during his recent run with the company. He did, however, win the Impact tag-team championships along with DJZ earlier this year. Z&E defeated Eli Drake and Scott Steiner to win the belts back in April. They would defend the titles successfully once the following night against Aerostar and Drago before dropping them to LAX just 2 nights after winning them.