Ring Of Honor World Champion Jay Lethal was interviewed by Newseek to discuss his career with the promotion. Lethal initially worked for ROH from 2003 to 2006. After a run with TNA, he returned to ROH in 2011 and remains there today. Lethal is a two-time ROH World Champion and is in the middle of his second reign.

As the ROH World Champion, Lethal essentially serves as the face of the company. The 33-year-old confirms there’s “one-hundred percent added pressure” with the ROH Title:

“One-hundred percent added pressure. Not only from all the new eyes of people who have never heard of Ring of Honor, but now you are working and you have to hook and wow them so they can want to keep watching.

“Especially since we sold out MSG, people are talking like, ‘Hey, what is this all about? Let’s check this place out.’ But more than that, you have a roster of the best wrestlers in the world and the world champion has to follow all of that. The pressure is unreal, but I welcome it.

“It makes me feel alive. It’s something that makes me feel like I can keep pushing myself to stay at that top level. To keep pushing to be the best or one of the best. It’s that ultimate motivation and I love it.”

Having been in the professional wrestling industry for nearly 20 years, Lethal has accomplished so much. He has won several titles for promotions such as IMPACT Wrestling and ROH. When asked if he thinks he’s at the peak of his career, Lethal offered a very interesting answer:

“I thought I was at my peak when I first had my first world championship run. And I thought I was at my peak when I was in the ring with Shinsuke Nakamura, I said to myself, ‘Man, I must be doing something right that they gave me a dream match.’

“And I thought I was at my peak when I wrestled Roderick Strong and we had a match that went for one hour and went to a time-limit draw – and I think I’m at my peak now. So what I’m trying to say is that I have no idea [Laughs]. Part of me hopes that I am and the other part of me hopes that I’m not there yet.”