Newly crowned Smackdown Women’s Champion, Becky Lynch, recently spoke to the media about her current character’s motivation. Lynch has played a key role on Smackdown as of late. Her rivalry with Charlotte Flair is one of the most talked about angles happening in wrestling at the moment.

Lynch says she’s loving her current role on WWE programming. Whether she is a heel or a face doesn’t matter to her either.
Becky Lynch On Her Character’s Motivation

“Whatever this is, I love it,” Lynch said to USA Today recently. Lynch would continue to say her character feels she tried to do things the right way but it didn’t work out how she wanted.

“For the most part, people are generally good and want to do the right thing. And sometimes, it just backfires on you,” she continued. “My dad used to always tell me no good deed goes unpunished. And I think that’s what you’re seeing with Becky right now, that she’s always done the right thing and it hasn’t gotten her where she wants it. And now she’s had enough and she’s saying ‘I don’t care who’s in my way.’”

Lynch defeated Charlotte Flair at Hell in a Cell on Sunday to become the new Smackdown Women’s Champion. It’s the first time Lynch has held the title since winning the inaugural belt at Backlash 2016.

“I left home at 16, traveled the world and slept on people’s couches,” Lynch said about her career. “I came with a goal and I haven’t gotten that because I have been too focused on doing the right thing always when other people aren’t. That’s what we’re seeing and she’s had enough … she’s not letting them be an obstacle anymore.”