WWE Champion AJ Styles recently appeared as part of a WWE 2K19 event at the Performance Center. Styles made comments on his WWE Championship run and being the cover star for the game when speaking to Cultaholic’s Adam Pacitti.

One aspect of the interview revolved around Styles’ height and how he looks very different to World Champions of days gone by. Styles remarked that “We’re moving in a new direction. Athletes are smaller these days in everything. In American Football, Rugby…guys are not as big as they used to be but they’re faster, quicker. They’re better athletes and I think that’s literally in every sport we’re seeing nowadays. That’s not a bad thing, that’s a good thing for me!”

Styles’ also commented on whether his height affected him being ‘pushed’ in the past; “I’m sure people have looked at me and gone ‘he’s just way too small.’ AJ went on to say that “I don’t disagree. I’m not the biggest guy. So I make everything that I do count. Every move, every strike is going to count.”

AJ also made mention of his huge love for gaming and what being on the 2K19 cover meant to him. “I wanna enjoy being on the cover of 2K19, that’s a huge deal for me, being a gamer.” Styles’ also referred to how he never envisioned his career would take that trajectory; “Who would’ve thought that AJ Styles would not only be the longest reigning Smackdown Champion but he’s also on the cover of the video game. Years ago I couldn’t of imagined this, I wouldn’t of picked me on the cover.”

Here’s the full interview: